Winx Club Rping Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rare Gem Books
Sonya Heartilly EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 5:12 am by Nijaki

» Faragonda's Office
Sonya Heartilly EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 5:03 am by Nijaki

» Lake Roccaluce
Sonya Heartilly EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 10:19 pm by zerowing21

» Dorm Alpha
Sonya Heartilly EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 12:16 pm by zerowing21

» ♥Jada Motot♥ (work in progress)
Sonya Heartilly EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 7:42 am by zerowing21

» hello everyone
Sonya Heartilly EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 6:58 am by Jay

» Dorm Gemini
Sonya Heartilly EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 6:55 pm by zerowing21

» Dinning hall
Sonya Heartilly EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 8:06 pm by zerowing21

» School Greenhouse
Sonya Heartilly EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 5:43 pm by Narrator

Top posting users this month
No user

Sonya Heartilly

4 posters

Go down

Sonya Heartilly Empty Sonya Heartilly

Post by Nijaki Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:30 am

Name: Sonya Heartilly

Planet of origin: Eraklyion

Morality and personal alignment leanings: Chaotic Good

Appearance:
Casual and Winx:

Power type: Wind and Darkness

Spells:
Low Power
- Shadow Ball - A basic bludgeoning attack that hits the target with a solid mass of darkness.
- Wind Barrier - Manipulates the air directly in front of her to move at speeds that form a barrier and deflect incoming physical blows. Can only take one full hit before needing to be recharged. Not effective against mental attacks.
- Tailwind - Moves the air around herself or her target to increase their speed by 30%. 40% when flying. Duration 20 seconds.

Medium Power
- Gust Slash - Sonya’s go-to offensive attack. She manipulates the air around her target to move at such speed that it deals slicing damage akin to that of a bowie knife. The basic attack makes two slashes.
- Darkness Hold - Pulls from surrounding shadow to bind the target’s full body. Can only be used when there is darkness nearby to draw from, and the deeper/more abundant the shadow is, the stronger the entangle becomes. Duration 10-30 seconds, depending on how much shadow she has to work with.
- Blind - This spell can either fully blind a single target for 30 seconds, or be cast as an area of effect that reduces sight in a 15’ dome by 50% for 30 seconds.
- Shroud of Darkness - Another frequently-used spell, it allows Sonya to slip into shadows and move within them silently and without being seen. Effective against sight, sound, and infrared detection. This spell’s effect is limited to existing shadow - she can’t just make her own and move within it. If someone is watching her while she enters shadows with this spell, it looses 50% of its effectiveness for that person, and she cannot use it while prepping or using any other spell.

High Power
- Aerocharge - A heavy beam of dense wind that pummels the target with both blunt and slicing damage. Also lowers the target’s physical defense by 30% for the next 60 seconds. Can only be cast during flight, as she has to be completely surrounded by air to manipulate.

Strengths:
+ Possibly Sonya’s biggest strength is her speed, beginning with her mental ability. Plans come to her quickly, cover stories are second-nature to her, and she catches on fast when she's able to put things into practice.
+ Following that is her physical speed. Her reaction times are killer, and agile movement makes her hard to hit and keep track of.
+ Much of Sonya’s life has revolved around her ability to stay hidden and do things like pick pockets or locks without anyone noticing what she’s doing. Even without using her magic to boost these abilities, she can make herself very hard to find or detect when she wants to.
+ When it comes to thriving on her own in the cold and callous city, Sonya has plenty of experience. She’s learned a lot over the years about how to quickly read someone well enough to know what they will and won’t fall for, and how best to get them to do what she wants. She’s also picked up a lot of experience in various random tasks that make living on her own a bit easier, things from mending clothes to first aid to basic vehicle mechanics. You never know when she might have some knowledge that’s useful in a tight spot.
+ Being so connected to shadows, Sonya's dark vision is exceptional. She can see unhindered in low light and up to 25' in darkness.

Weaknesses:
- With a background involving little book learning and schooling, Sonya doesn’t have a lot of scholarly knowledge, and struggles to keep her grades in the passing range. Studying is still a rather foreign concept to her, and mostly just makes her frustrated, which doesn’t help. She’s very much a hands-on learner, and things like textbooks and lectures sail right over her head.
- Sonya can't actually create much darkness, and no actual air itself. Her power depends on manipulating the darkness and air around her. Her darkness and shadow spells aren’t going to be very powerful in a brightly lit open field, and her wind-based attacks won’t hit very hard if she’s in a vacuum with limited air or an otherwise confined space where air is sparse.
- While she’s not a fan of bright light in general, too much will actually start to hurt her, and she takes extra damage and increased status effects from light-based attacks. This also means that light-based healing spells have a reduced effect on her.
- Sonya’s reliance on speed and stealth stems from the fact that she can’t take a lot of damage before being incapacitated. Her physical resistances are low, and if she takes too many hits, she has to either make a quick getaway or risk going down for the count entirely.

Personality: Canny, clever, and smooth, Sonya is a lightly social but ultimately private person. Idle chatter and casual friendships come to her easily, but she’s always watching her surroundings for both danger and opportunity and making a plan either way. Her relaxed demeanor hides a more calculating side that was essential in her former life as a street thief and pickpocket.

Sonya is a city girl to the core, at ease in massive crowds and labyrinthine streets. She’s dealt with them her whole life, and is confident in her abilities to get herself out of trouble regardless of who or what she might come across. Breezing through her marks and around her obstacles is second nature at this point, as is being personable enough to avoid having anyone cast her a suspicious glance while she inwardly puts together a profile on them. As long as the relationships she maintains stay rather shallow, she thrives. It’s when they get deeper that she starts to back away, and the hints that she isn’t everything she appears to be start to show. Someone determined to get her to reveal more personal details about herself would realize - however seamless her attempts may be - how much she diverts the conversation or only gives half-answers. If someone really won’t relent, she’ll weave some kind of satisfying story to get them off her back. That, or just carefully start cutting off contact with them, depending on how guilty she’d feel about lying to them. Her reluctance to get close to anyone stems from her background of frequently being used or betrayed by other people in her situation, combined with a fear that the people she likes will hate her if they knew the truth about who she is. Strangers in the street, law enforcement, politicians, so many people have looked down on her and told her she's worthless all her life; she just wants to avoid hearing it from someone she actually cares about.

Casual acquaintances, though? Line ‘em up, she’s all for it. For the most part, she’s very laid back, and it’s rare for her to get especially sad or angry about anything. There are a few peeves that will set her off, but otherwise, she doesn’t hold grudges or keep enemies - she has other things to be worrying about. She may not forget easily, but she forgives. She also has a healthy sense of humor and is almost always ready to head out to a club or party. That being said, she does spend a lot of time alone as well. Sonya is quite an insomniac (she actually tends to feel more energized at night), so she often spends most of the night messing around online, trying to study or catch up on homework, or sneaking out of her dorm to take solo walks through Alfea’s surrounding forest.

It’s a daily struggle for Sonya to reconcile where she is now and what is expected of her with what she is used to. Actually caring about rules and authority is still strange, and she still has a habit of doing whatever she wants without thinking about if she’s allowed to do it. “It’s only wrong if you get caught” was her mantra for a long time, and that doesn’t change overnight. The longer she lives on the right side of the law, though, the closer she comes to a hard turning point, and she isn’t very confident in herself to make what everyone tells her is the right choice. It’s still so hard to connect to people when she’s used to everyone around her being either a mark or someone who could hurt her; it’s hard to believe she can be worth anything when she spent so much of her life being told she was nothing. Sometimes, she wonders if its worth it to keep trying.

+ Fun-loving, witty, relaxed, a convincing actress
- Impersonal, ignores rules she doesn’t like, would rather spin a convincing story than take responsibility for doing something wrong

Hobbies/likes/dislikes:
Hobbies: People-watching, going on walks/runs, fixing up/customizing second-hand clothing and electronics, playing any video game she can get her hands on, recently started to like reading more.
Likes: EDM/techno/trance music, rainy or otherwise cloudy days, cats, spicy food, dark colors, horror novels, biographies.
Dislikes: Jump scares (she doesn’t like people out-sneaking her), snobbery, melodrama, seafood, bright light.

History: Sonya was born. That’s about all she really knows. As far back as she can remember, she lived at Godmother Morrigan’s Guardian Home in one of the biggest urban areas of Eraklyon. They were a typical underfunded and overcrowded orphanage who say they received her directly from the hospital. The staff weren’t abusive but weren’t exactly nurturing, and Sonya was one of the many children who grew up roaming the city streets and supplementing their meager food and money by learning pickpocketing, petty theft, and general misdirection and slight of hand. Sonya herself also excelled at putting people off of her true intentions, and generally being an undetected and unassuming presence through her childhood and young teenage years.

The streets could be a dangerous place, and Sonya had to learn how to take care of herself. She isn’t that big, though, and direct brawling wasn’t going to get her far. She was young when she discovered her magic, and achieved her Winx form when she was 9 years old after she got caught picking the wrong pocket and a small gang cornered her in an alley. By that point, she knew that brute physical strength was not her strong suit, and really relied on her speed and stealth to keep her out of trouble. Being cornered in such a way prevented her escape, though. For once, she found herself without a plan, and with armed opponents steadily advancing and nothing but a solid wall against her back, she was desperate for anything else to work with. That panicked energy summoned her Winx, and through it she found a magical strength that made up for what she was physically lacking. Her powers let her knock the gang members back enough to make a magically-enhanced getaway, and made them avoid trying to come after her again afterwards. To this day, Sonya's offensive powers are based in hard-hitting bursts of high damage, and she has a full arsenal of spells to keep her hidden and out of harm's way.

Shortly before she turned 14 is when Sonya was caught trying to nab a pocket watch off of a middle-aged man with a cane who seemed to be an easy mark. His surprisingly strong vice grip on her wrist lead her to think she’d be in for a fight, but the man ended up buying her a meal. This lead to them meeting up regularly for the next several months, the man revealing himself to be an ex-Eraklyan soldier named Tyrus Heartilly. Honorably discharged due to injuries to his legs, he saw skill in Sonya that caught his attention, and eventually a good that he thought was worth bringing to bloom. He ended up adopting her, even though he didn’t have a lot of money either, but he had enough to keep her from having to steal to get by. It’s been quite the process trying to get Sonya to adjust to a life of legal activity, but despite his gruff exterior, Tyrus has been one of the only people - if not the only person - that Sonya believes has her best intentions at heart and isn’t ultimately trying to manipulate her.

Ever since he adopted her, Tyrus has pushed that he wanted Sonya to go to Alfea. He knows it has a reputation for helping fairies grow not only in their powers but as people. Exceedingly unsure for a while, Sonya eventually agreed, and they both worked as many jobs as they could scrounge up to save money and send her off when she turned 16. Now at the school, Sonya works part-time after classes and on weekends at Rare Gems Books in Magix to help pay for her continuing education. With an entirely new crop of people to assess and a ton of new rules to mind, Sonya really wants to do Tyrus proud. If she can do that is yet to be seen.

Last edited by Nijaki on Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:28 am; edited 13 times in total
Nijaki
Nijaki

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sonya Heartilly Empty Re: Sonya Heartilly

Post by trusttecna Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:12 pm

I feel like Darkness Hold should be tamped down so it only ties up the mid torso area.

Planning speed and muscle reaction speed are two different things. Please separate the two strengths and add one new weakness.

Maybe move the Tailwind to a medium spell?

To be kept a medium spell, Blind should be tamped down to 10 - 20 seconds. As a tip, try to make a range in this spell so if she is not at her fullest energy, she could still cast a 10 seconds spell, while if she was higher in energy, she could cast a 20. This helps if your OC's in a sticky situation, but that's just a little tip. ^-^

Maybe keep the slicing wind spell to the strength of a normal bowie knife?

Change "seems" to "seem" in the first paragraph of your personality.

In her personality, I find it strange to say that she's good at socializing though she is always cautious of street rats and police and puts on a personality facade.

I'm still looking over the OC, but you can work on these edits for now. I'll get back with some more edits soon. ^-^ All in all though, I'm looking forward to rping soon with this character. Oops! I said too much!
trusttecna
trusttecna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijaki Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:43 am

I made some edits based on all the comments here and further discussion with Zero over skype Very Happy

- Added duration for Tailwind and Darkness Hold.
- Discussed other spell revisions with Zero, who clarified some things for me and okay'd what should be there now.
- Separated mental and physical speed, though I was told I'm good with the weakness count I have currently.
- Fixed the typo |D Thanks for the heads up.
- As for her being social but still wary, her social tendencies are pretty shallow. She's good at first impressions and figuring out people on a surface level out of necessity, but she doesn't particularly shine at anything deeper than that. Having crowds and people around her don't bother her because she grew up constantly crowded so she's used to it. She just always keeps an eye out.
Nijaki
Nijaki

Back to top Go down

Post by zerowing21 Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:47 am

From my stand point, everything now checks out. *stamps approval on forehead* Now for one more approve.
zerowing21
zerowing21
Admin

https://winxclubrpingforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trusttecna Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:31 pm

I'd like the weaknesses to be equal, because now you have 5 strengths and 4 weaknesses. I'll be fine if it's a little weakness, like something in school or powers, just one more weakness.

Perhaps add a little tidbit about anxiety in crowds? She must be worried in crowds, since there are many people who could potentially be a threat to her.

She most likely is seen unusual if she avoids giving information about herself, especially if she wants information from the person asking her things. You might want to add something about her lying about her past to put up a defensive persona in her personality ( though I do notice it in that little + and - area, I'd like a nice sentence or two in a paragraph ) I imagine if someone was talking to her with her current mystery and secrecy it would be like...

Person: What's your name?

Sonya: ....

Person: Okay, what's your parents' names?

Sonya: .........

See how she might seem unusual and suspicious? If a police officer asked her things, how would she be able to avoid arrest? Try and low her honesty. Good thing about this: makes great drama and plot!

Please describe the event where she earned her magic winx?

Do you mean "bringing to bloom" as in a poetic way of saying "to help her blossom into a good person" or do you mean literally "bring her to Bloom, fairy of the dragon fiyah?" If it was the literal meaning, please capitalize Bloom.

Please make "Tyrus has pushed since he adopted her that he wanted Sonya to go to Alfea" turn into "Tyrus has pushed, ever since he adopted her, that he wanted Sonya to go to Alfea" or into "Ever since he adopted her, Tyrus has pushed that he wanted Sonya to go to Alfea."

Over all, after these edits, I think you're good to go. Sonya Heartilly X03AG
trusttecna
trusttecna

Back to top Go down

Post by zerowing21 Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:18 am

Comment withdrawn.
zerowing21
zerowing21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijaki Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:14 am

Edited again!

- Added another weakness to balance them out.
- Generally rewrote some portions of her personality. I don't think I was especially clear in what I was going for, hopefully this fixes that Very Happy
- Added the event that spurred her to gain her Winx form.
- I meant bloom as in a regular flower-like bloom, not proper noun Bloom. I'm such a fancy writer herp derp.
- Fixed the grammar there.
Nijaki
Nijaki

Back to top Go down

Post by trusttecna Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:20 am

I like your use of poetic language. Reminds me of myself a little when I'm writing. ^-^

Maybe put a little more detail into how the Winx form happened. Here's a quick example:

"Talia was caught in a cage of enchanted My Pillow ™️️  product boxes. The odds seemed against her at that moment, and her foe, the My Pillow ™️️ mage was almost finished with his machine that would turn all things in the world into My Pillow pillows! In a burst of courage and determination, her powers sparked, and she transformed into a fairy of annoying placed knick knacks! After a tough battle, the mage was defeated, as well as his invention."

Please try and make it like this. ^-^ I mean, without the my pillows.

After a discussion with Zero, we decided that fifth weakness wasn't really necessary. Personally, I think it clashes with her overall character, so please take that weakness out and we can leave it like that. ^-^
trusttecna
trusttecna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijaki Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:57 am

Edited again! Removed the extraneous flaw and expanded on the scenario that unlocked her Winx. It was tempting to steal that My Pillow story, though. I don't trust the My Pillow guy.
Nijaki
Nijaki

Back to top Go down

Post by trusttecna Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:46 pm

Took a lot of self control to not steal that My Pillow story, Nijaki...

Took a lot. -tears up-

Also, I like your originality with the Winx story. I thought, as usual, there was going to be something with justice and determination filling up in the character, then she unlocks it, but you found a good way to make her have a strong feeling transform her into her fairy form without clashing too much with her personality.

Sonya Heartilly Nod

Anyway, here's the last comment:

Link Portal to Final Edit
trusttecna
trusttecna

Back to top Go down

Post by zerowing21 Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:54 pm

*stamps approved on Forehead*
zerowing21
zerowing21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trusttecna Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Sonya Heartilly Raw
You may now enter... THE MAGIC DIMENSION!
trusttecna
trusttecna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijaki Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:03 pm

Sonya Heartilly Sonya_approved_by_ninjakitty__x-db1vnmi

(Don't worry, she'll get used to it.)

Thanks so much for all the help, guys! I can't wait to play with everyone~
Nijaki
Nijaki

Back to top Go down

Post by trusttecna Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:07 pm

Hey, tip for ya, if that's your original art, you should make your own art request center. There's a special section for that. ^-^
trusttecna
trusttecna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijaki Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:41 pm

I just might do that :3 thanks!
Nijaki
Nijaki

Back to top Go down

Post by zerowing21 Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:18 am

*stamps re approved on forehead*